may we always live intentionally

11 February 2010

live. laugh. love. learn. believe.

... but most importantly, remember. that's what i decided today as i was walking back across campus this afternoon. though i find it more interesting to think that random events around us trigger memories of things that have already happened. all of my best memories come from the last 3 years, with my friends who were truly people who cared what i thought and felt and did with my day. people who, though they may not admit it directly to my face, never seemed to get annoyed with my ridiculous obsession with water. i like to call it passion, personally, because its really one of the things that drives who i am and what i want to be 'when i grow up'.

today alone i relived so many of my favorite memories as they danced across my peripherals and into my mind. i saw maggie trying to catch snow in her polish jacket and heather drawing a giant smiley face in the fresh snow on one of our late night walks. and as i looked down at my now very well worn leather boots, i was taken to the tropical forests of belize, then to the mountains in arkansas, touching base in all the other numerous hikes and forays those boots have been contributed (i just wish they stayed tied). driving to and from the bio station this morning took me to the many miles we have traveled through the tour de nebraska, to chicago and herds of cattle in the wild west. and tonight i saw orion, clear in the crispness of winter and i was taken back to the banks of sawbill lake.

and as much as i want to be back in the house of insanity with my favorite girls, i know that those memories, i shall cherish always. and i plan on returning to that time often. but for now, i have to live and laugh and love and learn and believe in myself for what i am and what i shall become. may i always live intentionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment