may we always live intentionally

10 February 2010

apparently i have my phd at 22

today as been a normal wednesday with evolution class this morning and a drive to kbs to work. however, when i arrived, i found my name on the door with the other grad students. i had been waiting for this day for a while. i know i sound like a dork, but now i feel included. i have also been asking for a mail box so that i don't have to continually sift through the lab mail. in an effort to find my box, i first looked at the grad student side. no larsen where it should be. but i happened to turn around and guess where my mailbox is? ... with the post-docs. i just figured it was odd and that they had run out of space on the other side.

on the way to the mail room, there is a nice little bulletin board with all of our pictures and names and things. everytime i walk past, i always admire the smiling faces hoping to see mine up there sometime. and after the mailbox, i was curious to see where my picture ended up. and guess where it was... with the post docs.

so one of two things is happening:
a) i just look relatively old
b) i'm mature for my age
c) both of the above
d) just common human error

whatever the reason, i found it rather entertaining and couldn't help but take pictures (they're still on my phone). i guess i don't mind people thinking that i have my phd already, but i don't think i like the idea of people thinking i'm almost 30. that's still 8 years away(ok 7.5 but i'm rounding) and i have a lot of living to do before then. so here's to making memories and then making an effort to remember among all the random scientific i'm supposed to be learning!

2 comments:

  1. hehe! maybe you act older than your age? or maybe every school you attend likes to put your face up everywhere? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I just have a charismatic face :)

    ReplyDelete