may we always live intentionally

11 June 2009

is it friday yet?

I wish I could say that this week has flown by with all the science and learning... but in all actuality... its been ridiculously slow! I've been doing a lot of reading to the point that I am dreaming of the processes that I'm trying to accomplish in lab. For instance, i have been reading about cyanobacterial viruses called cyanophages that look a lot like alien lifeforms. In fact, in my dream, they were just like aliens and then came down to attack me! it was sorta freaky. On the adventurous front, I have, for the most part, explored all the KBS grounds. I have lots of new spots to take sunset pictures. Unfortunately, I need to do some reading on camera settings for sunsets. The sun glare is too much for my camera to take so I end up with this wicked halo effect that really just drives me bonkers. So if any of you reading this have suggestions on how to fix it, you should let me know. I'm not exactly sure what's happening tomorrow, but I know that one of the lab techs, Bryan is having a potluck on Saturday. I'm not sure if i'm going just yet because I hear that there will be a game called mafia that involves running through a very dark, creepy house with people popping out from dark corners. I'm not so sure I want to pee my pants... could just be me though. Um... other than that... its been fairly uneventful. I'm meeting new people. Lots of undergrad REU students, some visiting grad students and other grad students that take up residence here full time. I've been told that I'm missing out on all the action because I'm not on the grad student mailing list... so I think I need to fix that!

Sorry this has been a rather random entry, but there really isn't that much to report. Hope all is well with everyone at home. I miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. you need to get a filter for your lense baby girl and set your exposure (white balance)

    ReplyDelete