may we always live intentionally

19 June 2009

so I guess it's already the end of week 2

Now I can say that this week has definitely flown by. Lets do a brief recap:
Sunday: went swimming then went to see Star Trek and ended with dinner at Applebee's
Monday: got my car fixed (had to have the sleeve rewelded to the strut)
Tuesday: got new insurance, played soccer, twisted my ankle in a hole while playing, and went to see Star Trek for a second. And let me tell you it was just as good as the first time I watched it
Wednesday: helped with the pond labs and got extremely dirty and stained by humic acid, went to Kalamazoo with the intention of getting my new license and registration but then got lost so I took it as a sign that I wasn't supposed to get it, took a 4 hour nap after i got home and then was in bed again by midnight
Thursday: took a two hour nap after work, watched the sunset at the dock, watched TV for several hours and then went to bed. I also made some calls around to businesses looking for a good quote on windshield replacement. I called this fellow from a business called Allegan Glass. He answers and I ask "Is this Allegan Glass?" and he says "Who may I ask is calling and what do you want?" Taken aback I answered that I wanted an estimate to replace my windshield and he immediately appologized for being crass. Apparently, the guy routinely gets telemarketing calls from area code 402 and just assumed that I was a telemarketer trying to sell him crap products. And because of this and the fact that he had the best quote, I decided to go with him to fix my windshield. Funny how things work out, huh?
and now its Friday and I should be reading, working etc. Instead, I'm writing about the things I've managed to do this week. We got one hell of a storm last night around 4:00AM with lots of very loud thunder and bright lightning that made it seem like the sky was falling. I'm fairly certain that everyone on KBS property was awake. In fact, i got a txt from one of the REU students that said "holy f***ing sh*t. is the world f***ing ending????" And she was quite right for asking. In all my time living in Nebraska, I have never heard a storm like this one and i hear that there is more to come. The Allegan Glass guy is supposed to come at 2:30 this afternoon to fix my windshield and I certainly hope that it isn't storming on him. But if that's the case, I can definitely wait to have it fixed. Its not that pertinent to fix.
This weekend should be filled with lots of activity too. Since my birthday is on Monday, I believe we are having a weekend celebration. Cait and I and a few others are going to explore Gull Lake by canoe and stop by Gull Lake Island for some icecream. Then I believe that a bonfire is in order and well I'm not sure what else. But don't worry... i'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment