may we always live intentionally

14 January 2010

a year in review - travel

In 2007, I was bit by the travel bug. and since then, the parasite has managed to control my behavior; convincing me that i needed to get out of the great state of nebraska and see the other wonders of the world. this year, i started with a class trip to the beautiful country of belize.

Mayan ruins at Xuantunich, Belize
January 2009

A trip like belize couldn't be better without great friends!

Traveling around the world without knowing your own backyard is just awful. This is a glimpse of what nebraska has to offer.

Platte River, near Kearney, Nebraska
March 2009


Spring break brought a wonderful trip to Chicago with my housemates.

Downtown Chicago
March 2009


April, as the year before, brought around the West Coast Undergraduate Biological Research Conference in sunny California.

Point Loma
San Diego, California
April 2009

In June 2009, I moved to Michigan to start my PhD at Michigan State. Thankfully, I was able to start working at one of the most beautiful places to do science, Kellogg Biological Station.

Sunset over Gull Lake
Hickory Corners, Michigan
June 2009



And with the move, i needed to learn my new state.


Lake Superior Lake Shore
September 2009

2010 is now here and hopefully there will be many more places to add to my year in review. May we always live intentionally.

There are places I'll remember all my life
-The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment