may we always live intentionally

10 September 2009

Thank goodness its almost the weekend. Oh wait, I don't actually get to have one of those. I forgot. I'm a grad student now. In fact, I will be spending the weekend working on homework, reading literature and fellowship writing. Luckily, however, I have received my new computer (which I am using right now :D) and restored all my documents and pictures to the hard drive. That will definitely make getting things done easier.
I started my second rotation this afternoon. I had every intention of starting cultures today, but people in the lab had used all the supplies that i required and I didn't have time to make new solutions. But I love undergrads. In fact, they are the savior for every grad student working in biological research. They make media and autoclave your pipets and bottles. They even do your dishes. Ah, how nice it is to be lazy in prep and have time to actually do research. My adviser, Beronda, has a project completely outlined so now all I have to is get started. And the first step... drum roll please... is start cultures growing in red and green light. And these cultures take several weeks to grow so in the meantime, I will be doing RNA isolations and reverse transcriptase PCR. Yay for new techniques.
In other news, I have been walking to and from campus as of late and have developed a great array of blisters that are now turning into calluses. Its all about the shoes. and even one day of wearing the wrong shoes will lead to too many blisters to make any other shoe uncomfortable. That is, except for flip flops. I wish I could wear them more often.
ok, so now its time to regress back to reading and writing other things. and P.S. I want to hear about this TA experience in BWCAW.

1 comment: